1. A tangled brassiere, laid out in the sun to dry
among the rest of the white light laundry;
silkily curling up on itself
2. Shiny coin of a sun,
smeared clouds and the drifting
airplane going nowhere new
3. Something about love, as always:
that it is obvious we are not to be loved ones,
that it is obvious we are to be the ones to love.
4. Which is why I miss that seaside town
with the large tricycles, small roads,
where always it was summer and
5. Well, I like to think my parents met in a war,
but I know they met in a setup.
6. A glass of cold milk, expensive and sweating.
7. The house is behind me now,
grass below me, so much sun
and sky above —
8. Today I will see you,
today I will play nice.