occupying or containing much space; large in volume, in particular
• (of clothing or drapery) loose and ample.
• (of writing) very lengthy and full.
• (of a writer) producing many books.
1 covering a wide area in terms of space or scope; extensive or wide-ranging : deep, expansive canyons.
2 (of a person or their manner) open, demonstrative, and communicative : she felt expansive and inclined to talk.
3 tending toward economic or political expansion : expansive domestic economic policies.
verb [ trans. ]
eat (food or prey) hungrily or quickly : he devoured half of his burger in one bite.
• (of fire, disease, or other forces) consume (someone or something) destructively : the hungry flames devoured the old house.
• read (something) quickly and eagerly : she spent her evenings devouring the classics.
• ( be devoured) (of a person) be totally absorbed by an unpleasant feeling : she was devoured by need.
you’ll find out soon enough. no poem today.